Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My Danfoss CP715Si timer has a blank display and refuses to

Hello, my Danfoss CP715Si timer has a blank display and refuses to be reset. Pressing the reset button does not give the klick, and the display, with a wrong time is on for 2 seconds before going off again.
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Danfoss CP715Si is my appliance, I have no idea how old it is, as it is in a rental property, I only moved into last year.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only discovered this this morning, when I wanted to put the hot water on to do some washing up. Display was fine, nothing reacted to putting the hot water button on, so I reset. No reaction, then n01 error message, then blank display.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this point.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Unfortunately this sound like a dead CP715Si. Have you been in touch with the landlord?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello, will you give me the requested phone call? Can take the phone upstairs to the Danfoss appliance, but not the laptop on which I am writing just now.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No, I would have to get in touch with the letting agency.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Well, both red lights (heating and hot water) are on, and if I randomly press on a button, the display comes back for a few seconds, so rather confused what is going on. The boiler also does work, but erratically, and I have no way of checking if or to what it answers to, probably a similarly erratic Danfoss programmer.

I am not a fan of these Danfoss products.

If you’re feeling adventurous, you could power off the heating circuit and check all the hard-wired connections. If there’s a loose connection somewhere it might account for the randomness.

Please note that I’m about to be away from my desk for a couple of hours.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, I requested a phone call when joining and asking the initial question, will that be happening at some point today? Would need some guidance to power off the Danfoss timer, check the wiring and try again. Thanks.

I can’t speak on the phone at the moment - at the outset I recommended ignoring the phone call offer.

I’ll send you the written guidance to unmount the Danfoss unit, then you do it at your own pace.

Do you have a programmer as well?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much! Have the programming guidelines and managed to reset the thing, with the display showing again properly. Would appreciate the demounting and checking instructions, though, for future hiccups.

Good work! I'm back at my desk so will send you information ASAP...

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you, Tim (if I may)! Have a good rest of the day. Anja

Hi Anja, I'm sincerely ***** ***** have left you hanging. I haven't forgotten about you, and will post as soon as I'm back from a quick trip to the supermarket.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** problem at all, looking forward to the instructions whenever you have time to send them. Though I am technically adventurous, I do hope, I will not have to use them anytime soon...��
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Tim, can you send the instructions within the next 3-4 days, please?

Yes indeed. Believe it or not, I just started typing them as you posted :-)

Oh dear, it has been one of those weekends :-/

Anyway, the instructions are very simple:

1. To remove the unit from the backplate, loosen the two screws on the bottom edge of the unit, and hinge it upwards, then away from the wall.

2. I expect you will see 4 wires connected, to terminals "N", "L", "3", and "4".
Take a photo of the connections before you disturb anything.

3. With the power off, loosen one terminal screw, check that none of the insulation is trapped under the screw, then re-tighten.

4. Repeat step 3 for each terminal, one at a time.

5. Reverse step 1 to re-attach the thermostat.
_____

That's it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Super, thanks so much, Tim! Hope, you can call it a day, now, it is Sunday night!

I'm still working, then at midnight I start a sporting event that I've entered ;-)

Please let me know the outcome of your connections, and if it's right we'll sort it out.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good Lord, well much success with the sports, then. I will certainly not upset the this Danfoss unit anytime soon, unless it plays up again. Good night!

I meant to say "if it's not right..." !

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Guessed as much;-)