Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

N90 E ammonia leak repairable or new fridge? level has been

N90 E ammonia leak repairable or new fridge?
JA: Is your fridge level with the ground, or tipped slightly forward?
Customer: level has been working for many year in this position
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I say except it is 15 years old

Hi there I'm darran I am a 25 year engineer and a refrigeration specialist

Guys at 15 yrs old if you have a gas leakage you could try and source the leak and repair and regas but the chances of a fix are slim due to age and that it has failed and leaked out

Personally the price of diag and possible new compressor and regas etc I would unfortunately go for new appliance

Darran

Further newer and safer appliances use r600a gas this is non toxic unlike ammonia

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there replacement that fits
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

You would need to release the gas safely that's left

Vacume and pressure test the appliance and find were the leak has came from I suspect it's a system leak if it's been running ok for all those years

You will need a qualified refrigeration specialist that can work with these gasses safely if parts are needed they would be able to target what is required and would advise your self of what's required

Regards darran

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Much thought now need regarding the future of the caravan

Guys don't worry there are many new style fridges for caravans at very good prices the caravan will live on :)