Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

I left my Hotpoint freezer door open overnight by accident,

Hi, I left my Hotpoint freezer door open overnight by accident
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint freezer? How old is it?
Customer: now the amber and red light wont stop flushing
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since this morning. we turned off from the mains and turned it on again but the lights still flashing. there is a dial at the left which says off alarm/reset
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really the lights still flashing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please read entire message before tHi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help
Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests
unless you want that service.
There may be a slight delay in between our messages
Hope you’re doing well today. Is the unit cooling ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tamar
Hi, depending on how long the door was open it could take quite a while to get back to the target setpoint temperature. Do you notice any excess ice or frost in the freezer part?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Taking everything out and we cleaned it
Okay, you’ll wanna avoid opening and closing it as much as possible, but as long as the coils aren’t frozen up, the compressor and fan motor is working you should eventually cool back down.Now this process can take up to 24 hours before the target temp is reached, so don’t be alarmed until then, if it’s still not met after this period of time then I would say there could be an issueHope that helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. Shall we put it on now and leave it until the lights stop flashing.
Correct. The alarm should stop once the temp is reached, the alarm is just telling you the temp is high
Hope that I was helpful, courteous and kind.
If you don't mind, Please take a few seconds of your time and remember to rate the question positively with the stars on the top left.
There should be an option that says something along the lines of "finish and rate your expert"
Completing the rating credits me for answering you, but it does not close the question.
You can ask follow questions after rating my services in the same box free of charge with no time constraints
Thanks & have a blessed & safe day
- Tamar