Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a second hand miele fridge freezer model KFN 8462 sd.

Hi, I have a second hand miele fridge freezer model KFN 8462 sd . I removed ice from the back of the freezer section now the display flashes with lines or 0. The freezer still feels cold but the display hasn't changed in 22 hours.
JA: Do you know the model of your Miele fridge? How old is it?
Customer: KRN 8462 SD, 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Miele refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we've had it for two years, the freezer has been losing temperature periodically each summer. I have defrosted it, turned it off and on again.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We are wondering if it's the display/temperature sensor that's broken or the actual freezer. We'd like to know if turning it off and leaving the door open overnight is likely to help before sacrificing all our food.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue. Thanks

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This error can have several reasons. It could be that the thermostat, defrosting resistor, door seal, or the control board is not working properly or is defective. Please do the following: switch off the appliance, unplug the plug from the socket for at least 2-4 hours. At this time please check the rear panel if it is dusty or icy. If necessary, please clean it. Please observe the distance from the wall. It must not be less than 8-10 cm. It is possible that the heat cannot circulate and produces more cold.

After 2-4 hours you can switch on the appliance. During this time you can leave the doors closed so that the cold does not go away and the food can still be used.

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why it sometimes takes time to answer.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Erdal, thank you for your answer. We've turned it off for 3 hours, moved it out from the wall. The back panel inside is clean. When we turned it back on the displays are showing the same as when we turned it off. We'll wait a few hours now to see if it comes back to normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what the display looks like. We haven't turned super on for the freezer because it's currently empty (our neighbour took our food).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The photo doesn't show, but the freezer half is blinking lines, not off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (Z43L2V1)

Is the engine loud when you turn it on? How long does the engine work and does it stop after that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine sounds normal (the same as it has for the last 2 years). The freezer seems to be working, I can hear it when I open the door and I can see the fan stop. It's cool inside but hasn't frozen the ice blocks we put in to test. It's now flashing 0.

Usually when you restart the fridge the engine has to work continuously for the first time and has to be really loud. After 15-20 minutes it must become quieter and start to cool down. If this does not happen then either the coolant circulation is not there or the compressor is not working. It is also possible that a temperature sensor or the defrost resistance is defective.

It is very difficult to suggest something clear. For such an error you usually need a technician.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, that's still really helpful to know. Obviously it's impossible to get a technician now so we're hoping the fridge section can limp along until we can get a technician or replacement.

All right, try leaving the door open a little bit every now and then for 10 minutes so you can start the compressor several times. Most of the time it works after that. I wish you a lot of success with this.

Erdal Zal,
Experience: