Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Fuse in my house has just gone and normally I can flick it

Fuse in my house has just gone and normally I can flick it back on. But right now, every time I flick it back on it immediately goes back off again. What can I do?

If you cannot reset the fuse then something is faulty in your house thats causing this.

The most common thing to cause this is a washing machine, dryer cooker or fridge.

What you need to do is unplug one appliance at a time and try and reset the fuse.

If it doesnt reset then its not that so move onto the next appliance.

Go round your house unplugging things and then reset it and when it does reset then thats the faulty thing that causing fuse to trip.

So try that and try the kicthen appliances first and see what you find from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve tried them all and it’s still refusing to switch on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve even turned off the individual fuses on the main fuse box and then tried to turn the main one back on and it still refuses

Ok if you have unplugged every thing in your house and tried it and its still tripping then theres a direct short somewere in the house wiring im afraid.

For this you may need to get an electriance in im afraid as they will need to check all the house wiring for this to be able to find the fault on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There isn’t anything else to try in the fuse box?

If you have tried turning off all the fuses on the box and its still taking the RCD out then theres a direct short in there and you need an electriance for this im afraid, Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Daniel.

Your welcome.