Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have an HJA870 WASHER DRYER THAT KEEPS COMING UP WITH THE

Hi we have an HJA870 WASHER DRYER THAT KEEPS COMING UP WITH THE CODE E-01........ how can we over ide it please?
JA: What's the brand and model of your washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: We only have the above of what I gave in last text. .....not sure if it's a lamona or howdens as it doesn't tell us anywhere.....it's about 4 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lamona washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have cleaned drainage pipe at bottom front of machine...we have cleaned water infilter of pipe from back of machine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There were loads of suds in machine on last wash and was coming out of detergent drawer so I quickly turned the cycle onto rinse and spin.......that's when the code came up

E1 error code on this means water has leaked into the base and activated the flood device in there. This will be down to the suds that leaked as some will have got into the base of the washer and caused the error code.

To clear this you need to pull the washer out from under the unit and then lean it 45 degrees backwards as this will allow the water to drain out from the base onto the floor so you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood device will reset itself and clear the error code and then will work fine from there again for you.

Try that and it will cure the fault. I know its a built in washer but im afraid it will have to be removed to clear the water from the base tray of the washer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thankyou....we will try that tomorrow .

Your welcome, Im sure you can sort it from there.