Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a Zanussi ZOP37902XK number05. When I switch the

Hi. I have a Zanussi ZOP37902XK number###-##-####05. When I switch the mains power on the following message appears on the display: F041 C32.5 P022. The oven is now working fine again (I've just replaced the element that had failed) as is the grill and everything else, except the pyro function does not seem to operate. I've suspected the door lock, but it actually seems to work fine - I've metered it through to check the switch and lubricated it so it works smoothly, Furthermore the padlock symbol appears on the display for a second or so soon after power up during the process in which the lock mechanism seems to test itself. I'm thinking that if I could clear the fault codes somehow everything would be sorted but I don't know how to do this. Have you any suggestions?
JA: What happened just before your Zanussi oven displayed this message?
Customer: I'd had the power off in order to replace the fan oven element.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Over a week. I've tried checking that all the elements, both fans and all the switches operate as I would expect, including cheking element resistance and switch operation with a multimeter.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm an electrical engineer so should be competent to repair it, but I'm new to domestic ovens and am baffled by fault codes.

Hi there I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and have been an electronic and mechanical engineer for over 25 yrs

Listen the f fault is normaly something to do with the control of the heating phase have a look

It's Def something in the pyro side

I would replace the display board the central pcb with the dp time display these are very common for shorts and can cause various faults I would say there's a communication error between the pyro , door mech and pcb

I'm ex electrolux but without doing an insulation , mega test on the parts and a resistance test to diag the exact parts, but the main interface is suspect and blow through the pyro function for fun

Regards darran

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your suggestions and the png files. Is it possible to send me the full service manual as a pdf via e.g. Dropbox? Also can you tell me how to reset the fault codes, or will they auto reset when the faults are gone?

If power down the capacitor shoukd discharge

The pdf is all in service sections I have access to electrolux but there's no actual full service manual for it if you can't get the faukt code cleared mag me tomorrow and I'll make a few calls for you and get the clearance cycle by memory I think it's hold + and - at the same time then power on and the pcb shoukd reset

Darran :)

Part 220 it is so common for these to cause erratic faults

Guys if this has helped can you plz tick the answer tab for me to close the question

Take care

Darran

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for suggestion, I'll look at Part 220 this evening. I tried your idea of holding + and - at the same time then powering on but it made no difference. If you could find out how to reset the fault codes and let me know that would be appreciated. I've got to do my day job now so will get back to my oven problem this evening.

Guys can you plz press the answer tab at top to close the question down on my side plz

Regards darran

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Darran, did you manage to find out how to clear the reset codes? Thanks.

Guys when you switch the oven on does the error msg get displayed the go away and everything is fine cause are you talking about the self diagnosis of the oven when first turned on

And f4 is temp sensor

C error is pyro function

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. The 3 codes are what appears in sequence on the display immediately after switching on the power. It then allows you to set the clock, the oven then seems to work fine apart from it won't do a pyro cycle. I don't know if the 3 codes are error codes or self diagnostic codes?

Guys its the self diagnosis from the main pcb it checks for faults on every reboot :)

Take care guys

Darran

But your centre consol the digital timer needs replaced possibly with the pyro stat

The consol should look something like part 220

Regards darran

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's helpful thanks. So you reckon the faults must still be present, else the codes wouldn't keep appearing every time the power is switched on? Would they auto clear when the faults are gone?