Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a de Dietrich 3 drawer upright freezer which is quite

Customer Question

I have a de Dietrich 3 drawer upright freezer which is quite old but working perfectly and always has done. However, orange and red lights are now illuminated and I do not know what this means. Please can you advise. I do not know the model number as this is not shown on the front of the freezer. Thank you.
JA: How old is your De Dietrich freezer?
Customer: Probably 25 years but never any trouble and working as usual at present.
JA: How long has this been going on with your De Dietrich freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only became aware of it this morning.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. Never ever had a problem with it and it seems to be working okay, just the lights that have now come on
Expert:  drcool299 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you confirm of the food inside are still frozen? The indicator lights are warning lights that the unit is above the operating temperature. Hopefully, it is just the indicator that has a problem and not the unit itself.

Please ignore the phone service offer..…It is not me who initiate it but the site…but if you really want a phone call…please let me know. I only do phone call for USA customers but viber, FB messenger, or FaceTime for customers outside of USA. Tnx.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
food is still frozen.
Expert:  drcool299 replied 1 year ago.

Ok...That's good to know.

Is the compressor at the back running? vibrating?