Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My boiler is showing above the filling pressure range at 3.9

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My boiler is showing above the filling pressure range at 3.9 and my water seems to be hotter than normal - I want to check how to address this - would it be by letting more water in through the separate loop with 2 taps? ThanksClaire
JA: What happened just before your boiler displayed this message?
Customer: Nothing It's probably been on the number it is for a while I just noticed the water is hot and then looked at the gauge and saw it was just above the range
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As I said I don't really know i don't think it's just happened now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, it's just wanting to get the bar down a bit
Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Claire, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

3.9 bar is above the recommended pressure for most boilers. Letting in more water would not help. So that I can give you accurate guidance, please provide the make and complete model number of the boiler. Also, the year of its installation.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.