Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Zanussi ridge freezer which came with my present

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi ridge freezer which came with my present home so I do not know how old it is. The model number is ***** type 1780CBFF50-T2, product number 925 506 000 and serial number 61300018. I have the fridge set to 4 centigrade and general feels correct. However, I frequently find the fruit and vegetables in the bottom of the fridge, in the 'cool' boxes are frozen whilst the rest of the fridge appears to be at the correct temperature. This ruins the fruit and vegetables for 'normal' use. Please can you advise?
JA: Do you know the model of your Zanussi freezer? How old is it?
Customer: I do not know how old it is; it came with the property The model number is ***** type 1780CBFF50-T2, product number 925 506 000 and serial number 61300018.
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your freezer; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Zanussi freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The model number is *****
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The type is 1780CBFF50-T2, product number 925 506 000 and serial number 61300018. I have the fridge set to 4 centigrade and generally feels correct. However, I frequently find the fruit and vegetables in the bottom of the fridge, in the 'cool' boxes are frozen whilst the rest of the fridge appears to be at the correct temperature. This ruins the fruit and vegetables for 'normal' use.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Congratulations on doing a great job of providing all the model information at the outset - that's refreshing!

This problem occurs most commonly when some of the fridge contents are too close to the back wall and, in some cases, the side walls of the compartment. My starting advice is to move everything away from the walls. Take out the drawer for 15 minutes to let it warm up, then put it back and leave for a couple of hours for the temperature to equalise, and let me know if it's any better.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drawers in which the problem happens fit the space in the fridge so I cannot move them away from the walls. There is nothing else close to the walls. Anything in the bottom of the drawers is freezing. This is something I never experienced with my last fridge freezer.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

I would do two things:

1. Slightly increase the temperature in the fridge compartment. If you have a fridge thermometer, put it in the salad drawer and aim for 3°C.

2. Check the freezer set temperature, and increase a little if you can. If the freezer and fridge are lightly loaded, the freezer temperature can affect the lower level of the fridge compartment.