James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Hoover ”Ironspeed” and regularly it stains my

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Hoover ”Ironspeed” and regularly it stains my clothes esp when I start ironing.
JA: Do you know the model of your Hoover iron? How old is it?
Customer: I empty the tank on each occasion when finished- have tried deionising water but no difference. i am not sure how long I have it but possibly 3/ 4 years.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover iron? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The sole plate easily gets dirtied & after cleaning it & spraying off excess water to ensure plate is ready for use (which takes time!) I get started again. This is going on about a year. Never had such problem with other irons before even if the water in my area is ‘hard’ water. I have been using turbo steam irons for some time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial No:(###) ###-#### Code No: SFD4101\2 001. Type IS2-0. 220-240V. 2100 W
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking forward to hearing from you...
Helen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I expect a response to my question submitted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4.59

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Are the stains a yellow colour, and do stains appear when using the steam function?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you James...Brown colour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it ok to chat online - phone call rather expensive for me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stains appear before & sometimes during use of iron...can’t depend on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I calm you on what’s app
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just Answer is not an immediate response service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

The colour your seeing suggests its lime scale, when was the iron last descaled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do it every couple of months (as with other appliances - kettle, coffee machine, washing machine etc. It’s probably due again but this evening was particularly messy!!
Will try that & hopefully get lucky.

You may wish to try this time round to use a higher concentration of descaler (double it).

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That’s all for now James, thanks. I had given up so appreciate your advice (& patience!!)
Helen.