James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My whirpool fridge freezer model3XART7316802 serial no

Customer Question

My whirpool fridge freezer model3XART7316802 serial no SL1331889needs a new power unit where can I buy one?
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: its making a loud whirring noise. It is in a timber surround and none of the new ones fit in the space provided.. I am happy to spend what it needs to repair this one.
JA: How long have you had your MODEL3XART7316802?
Customer: about 15 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is still going but is noisy. I found a complete new compressor etc 3 or 4 years ago but the engineer said it didn’t need one then.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure if the part then was from Indesit are they the same company? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to find out where I can purchase the parts thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you double check the model number please as the one you posted isnt coming up.

Or if you can take a picture of the sticker inside the fridge that has the model details on it that would be great.

Also is it just the main control board you are after?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (PMZPQ3Q)
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the picture but the back half of it with the details on it that i need is all blurry so i cannot work out any of the numbers on there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not prepared to pay as your Technician hasn’t not contacted me. Therefore I should only pay one amount of £16..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have waited for a call all day and now contacted a local company. Very poor service could have at least replied but your company was soon advising me that you wanted another £16.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I see the expert has opted out.

I note the picture is blurry and the model number given above is not showing valid on the Whirlpool website, so we cant work out the model number which means only being able to provide generic information at this point.

With said taking into account the age of the appliance it is most likely going to be an uneconomical repair as parts will be obsolete so I would hold off calling an engineer until you can verify parts can be source, unless you think it may not be the PCB at fault.

Take a look at the label inside the fridge compartment and if you enter it in on the website here, which should list the available parts for the model.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you in some time, are you happy for me to mark the question as resolved or do you still require further assistance or have a follow up question please let me know how I can assist you further with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The response I received was totally unhelpful I have been able to source the part I needed with another company. I really think your system is not fit for purpose and while I sympathise with the circumstances prevailing with the Covid outbreak no effort whatsoever was made to assist me. I will be contacting the company for a reimbursement.