James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My bonnet precijet oven has stopped steaming, Electric. Was

My bonnet precijet oven has stopped steaming
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric. Was here when we took over last year but we reckon a good 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A good month or so. Tried changing some of the setting.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If it's on convection then I press steam. Itll steam. But as soon as you open the door and close it again it just stays on heat without any water droplets

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What is the model number of the oven this can normally be found around the door frame?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry bit too late to check last night.
Model number is
B-FM10.611PI.E4

What error do you get when you start a steam cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error comes up. It just doesnt steam anymore.

Ok do you hear the pump start up and see any sign of it taking in water?

Alot of the time this fault is cause by lime scale, which prevents the pump or boiler from working due to a blockage, when was the appliance last descaled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Descaler and washed every week. So water is definitely coming through. It works intermittently but doesnt stay steaming it starts dry cooking st 98 degrees

Ok that does suggest a intermittent fault on the boiler or pump.

The next stage is to strip it down run it and run it checking when it stops producing steam if the pump is still running and you are getting power to the pump and also the element.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll give it a try in the morning thank you

great, I will follow up with you in the morning.