Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We had a Danfoss BasicPlus2 thermostat fitted in January

Customer Question

We had a Danfoss BasicPlus2 thermostat fitted in January 2020, but can't contact the building firm or the plumber, as they are shut down with Covid19. The display on the thermostat will not adjust when I touch the buttons, not will the display illuminate. The display reads a room temperature and shows that Froststat is active - I haven't set the froststat! Indeed the whole unit is unresponsive. How do I know if the unit is working, or if a fuse pithing the unit has blown. Basically I'd like to know if because the unto won't illuminate or respond to touch, if the thermostat is defective / not now working?
JA: Where in your home is your Braeburn thermostat installed? How old is it?
Customer: His Pearl. If you read my first message, it's a brand new unit and wass in stalled in January 2020. I don't know if it is a Braeburn unity, as it says Danfoss on the thermostat. It's situated on the wall in our lounge.
JA: The HVAC Technician can walk you through this; I'll connect you shortly. What have you tried so far with your Braeburn thermostat?
Customer: I have tried to adjust the thermostat, but it's totally unresponsive. Nor will the LED unit light up when I touch it. Can I repeat that I have no reason to think that this is a Braeburn unit. I've never heard of Braeburn and it came in a Danfoss box
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I think that I've covered everything.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Two quick questions for you...

1. What is this thermostat controlling?
2. Have you turned off the power to the thermostat and left it for 10 minutes?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.