James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

CDA wine cooler temperature is stuck at 22/22. It should be

CDA wine cooler temperature is stuck at 22/22. It should be 5/14. I have switched off, & emptied the cooler. Any advice?
JA: What's the brand and model of your wine cooler? How old is it?
Customer: CDA, nearly 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your wine cooler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 days; switched off the cooler and unloaded the wine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so

Hi my name is***** am here to help. Do you have the model number of your wine cooler?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not 100% sure, it is either a CDA fwc603 or fwc623
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (26LMS77)

Ok thank you. If you switch the fridge off for several minutes and back on again, are you able to change the temperatures?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that twice, the first time it seemed to fix the issue, this time appears not to have done. I’ll give it another attempt shortly

Ok let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switched the wine cooler off for 5 mins, the temperature indicators are at 25 / 25 for the upper and lower compartments. I tried reducing the temp with the buttons, but no success

Okay I will eed to opt out at this point another engineer should be able to help.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, issue still not resolved

So the temp reads 22/22 does it feel like its running at that or does one zone feel warmer than the other?

Secondly is the fan running in the back?

there could be a couple of causes from the temp sensor being faulty, the PCB not reading the temp or the cooling system at fault.

Once I know the answer to the above I can better assist you locate the part at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response. Both zones appear around room temperature, still showing 22/22 temp. The fan is running.

Understood, and when you go in to the setting though current is showing 22/22 the temp is still set as 5/14 but just not cooling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I press on temp + or -, the temp reader goes to 5/10, whilst adjusting the temp. But whatever temp I set both zones to, the temp reader returns to 22/22 +/- 1c

Understood so it does point to a coolant system failure, CDA parts are rather hard to source.

So you would probably be best contacting CDA for a price to attend, however if its the heater thats probably around £250 parts and labour, at which point it may be worth considering a replacement as the average life expectancy is 9 years.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I have left a message with CDA, wine coolers are low priority items at this time. It is 5 years old, would have been nice to get a few more years out of it!

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you

So that I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page, have a good day.

James, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.