James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an LG fridge freezer (not sure of model number) which

Customer Question

I have an LG fridge freezer (not sure of model number) which has an ice dispenser fed from a water jug rather than being plumbed in. The ice maker has stopped drawing water from the jug although it does have the sound of a motor "whirring" when the jug is installed, it also attempts to draw water on other occassions as I guess a sensor is telling it that the ice box is empty.
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: LG, not sure of model number as I don't have a manual, about 8 years maybe more, there may be a plate on the back but access is difficult.
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just recently, tried blowing through tube to see if any blockages
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

The model number should be shown on a rating place on the inside of the fridge near the crisper draws, once I have the model number I should be able to give you more specific advice.

However it suggests there may be a blockage in the water line hose or pump, are you still able to get cold \ chilled water dispensed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model no. is GSL545NSYV, hope this helps, no to the water question
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay I have just seen your reply.

If your not getting any water then that does suggest a faulty pump, which can be found here.