James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My cordless dyson has been coming on and off intermittently

Customer Question

My cordless dyson has been coming on and off intermittently despite a fully charged battery which was only new about 6 moths ago.
JA: Do you know the model of your Dyson vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: The model is v8 absalute and about 3 yrs old. The battery was a new one though around 6 moths ago. It cost £70.00
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been going on for about 3 weeks now but I can't even get 10 mins cleaning with it. Don't know what to try!!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else but intermittent battery
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

When the Dyson switches off does the status light flash at all and if so how many times \ what colour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No light flashes at all, have had it fully on charge with 3 bars which indicate it's fully charged but I only got 2 mins from it before it cuts out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a dyson v8 model. Bought about 3years ago but the battery is only about 6 months old.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay just seen your response.

It does suggest the new (6 month old battery) may be at fault, to verify its the battery and not the charger I would check the output voltage of the charger using a multi meter.