James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a bosch athlet vacum which is stuck on low suction

Customer Question

we have a bosch athlet vacum which is stuck on low suction mode -we have cleaned all filters but this has made no difference
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: vcaso10v25 aprox 3 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: aprx one week - we have washed all filters
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So what happens when you try and change the suction power, does the pitch of the motor change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you move from power 1!to anything else it just stops
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Ok that suggests the speed controller is faulty, based on this you would need a new main body.

As the appliance is out of warranty its probably cheaper to replace rather than repair.