Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a Zanussi washing machine model ZWC1300W, it would

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi washing machine model ZWC1300W, it would not open and no repair man would come out so I got the machine open and ordered a new handle from you which has now arrived, now I do not know how the springs go back and if I should buy new springs can you help please Betty
JA: Is your Zanussi washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: It's a front loader and it's about 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the door off and took off the handle which was not operating when I tried to get out the wash load
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think once the handle is working it might need a new door opening gizmo
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 1 year ago.

Betty how are you I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer

Don't panic first time I done a door handle I was at it for hrs the spring pinged across the floor and I could not suss it out have a look hear and youl be ok

Regards darran :)

https://youtu.be/7fmQH2rXkQA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply however that handle is totally different from my machine and that was the video I watched to take the machine handle out could you please also answer will I need new springs thank you

No the springs shoukd be fine

You shoukd have the plastic handle the spring the metal bar and the tang oe door latch

The latch faces away from you the spring sits with he latch inside it and the legs of the spring sir against the ridge on the facia

The the bar goes through to secure it if it's correct you will have tension at the handle

Give me a msg back I'll have a look again they can be footery

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response but I have 2 sets of springs a latch and a bar, a thin spring that looks as if it fits on the outside of the handle support bits and a strong looking spring that fits on the inner side with the bar going through both springs and the latch thank you Betty

Betty the actual latch only has one spring the one with the legs

In thing your meaning the rod spring this is for the door button bit it sits under the little button and goes through the hole the handle and inner the kinda come under and up

Have a look at this I think this is yous

Regards darran

https://youtu.be/uYgP7IBx6H4

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that but that is not my machine and I have seen Matt's video and found it no help one thing that might help is the fact that my door does not have any screws to undo to get the door apart to get out the handle thank you Betty

Betty can you take a picture and attach it using the paper clip symbol

Cause incant picture what your meaning and in a zanussi engineer :)

Darran

Actually what's the Pnc number it's on a sticker inside the door frame nill have a look on the electrolux eng site

Right I have the appliance there are 4 variations Betty

Ahhh I haven't done one of these in a while

Ok yeah 2 spring have a look at this Betty you should get it from that one spring sits inside the other with the legs almost pointing the opposite way then the bar goes through and secures the handle and inner to the frame

Darran :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that should help il have a go and let you know if it's successful thank you Betty

Your more than welcome :)