Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Sebo Automatic x4 Vac. How do I replace cable? over 10

Customer Question

Sebo Automatic x4 Vac. How do I replace cable?
JA: How old is your Sebo vacuum?
Customer: over 10 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Sebo vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Intermittent stop/start suggests cable not secure. I just need to know how to remove the handle to release the cable.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Last time this happened there were some sparks, indicating a 'short' on the cable. Just need to get the handle off to have a look
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

The cord isnt designed to be replaced by the consumer, you have to strip it down by removing the handle, then removing the cable grip and the termination screws securing it on to the distribution board, its about 30 minutes job, and best left to an appliance engineer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will take item to appliance engineer. Thankyou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oka I do not require further help will take Sebo to an appliance engineer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I do not require further help will take Sebo to an appliance engineer.