James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I started to descale my scultura coffee machine this morning

Hi I started to descale my scultura coffee machine this morning and after pushing hot water through the milk steamer nossle it now no longer pushes water through the coffee steamer part. It makes a noise as though there is an airlock but I’ve tried the usual remedy for this with no success. Can you help please? Thanks. Jon
JA: What's the brand and model of your coffee maker? How old is it?
Customer: Delonghi Scultura
JA: How long has this been going on with your coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s at least 2 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it only started this morning after I was descaling. I’ve looked online and it suggests an air lock, but I’ve tried opening the steamer valve for 20 seconds then turning it off and pressing the brew button but no joy

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

The fault sounds like it may be due to a blockage, the descal may have caused to scale to come away and block the tube, have a go running another descale cycle but this time double the concentration of the descaler.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James, I’ve put double strength descaler in the water hopper but It makes no difference - I can still get steam out of the steamer nozzle but nothing from the brewing head. I just hear the pump trying to pump water. What’s next to try please? Thanks, Jon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - can you advise what I might do next please to resolve this problem? I’m assuming the phone call fee of £16 will not be taken now. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please confirm that online help is still being given to me to resolve the problem as I keep getting automated messages. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas please? I had hoped to get help for this problem . . . . . is anyone looking into it for me please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting in hope that a technician can help resolve my problem with the Delinghi Scultura Coffee Machine . . . .

Sorry for the delay Jon, for some reason I have only just received your response.

If the descaler has made not change the next step is to look at replacing the boiler.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do that, James? And from where would I source the part and the correct part number for this Scultura model? The thing is though that hot water is coming out of the steamer wand but not the brew head. Thanks.

The steamer wand is just a different outlet form the boiler (hence steam rather than hot water.

Delonghi do not offer the parts to consumers so you would need to send the appliance to the service centre or contact a local firm repairing appliances to source and replace the part for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** think then the only solution is to buy new as the cost of repair is only a few pounds less than a new unit. But thanks for getting back to me.

No problem, have a good day.

James, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.