James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hobart 10 grid boilerless combi oven goes over temperature

Customer Question

Hobart 10 grid boilerless combi oven goes over temperature on steam cycle and does not steam properly
JA: Is your Hobart oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric and about 11 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hobart oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been going on for about 6 months Turning the operating temperature down from 100 to 88 helps but every so often the temperature shoots up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: even though the maximum working temperature on steam is 100 it can shoot up to 120
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Can you confirm the full model number which is shown around the door frame of the oven.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HCSMH-1012UC
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Based on the fault its likely the thermostat is at fault, however looking at the model number parts are obsolete so this is not an economical repair.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you in some time, are you happy for me to mark the question as resolved or do you still require further assistance or have a follow up question please let me know how I can assist you further with?