James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a het160-11 which was working perfectly. Moved

Customer Question

Hi we have a het160-11 which was working perfectly. Moved position and wouldn't start again. Any suggestions?
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: we've had it about 18 months or less. Manufacturor is numatic
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: stopped a few days ago. Cleaned out but no restart.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't know. Does this model have some sort of cutout built in so I could figure out the circumstances that may have caused the problem?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

If there is no sign of life in the appliance and you have checked it in different sockets, I would wiggle the flex at the vacuum and plug end and also check the fuse in the plug these are the most common causes.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I can confirm this model does have a thermal cut out, but this self resets normally after 5-10 mins, does the vacuum get a lot of use (used for 5+ hours a day), as it may be the brushes in the motor have worn though you would expect an intermittent issue for a few weeks prior.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a red light which comes on, indicating that there is power getting to the machine but the 'on' switch does not start it. So there are 'signs of life' to that extent. The machine has not been used heavily, nothing like 5hrs a day so the brushes don't seem likely to be the problem. Is the cut out a mechanical (bimetal) one or electronic?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay I have just seen your reply.

Have you checked the continuity across the switch?