Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have unwittingly signed up for several apps on I phone -

I have unwittingly signed up for several apps on I phone - now they have charged me for the year automatically when the free trial ran out . !
I didn’t realise they didn’t have to ask you .
Also I have had an e- mail to say I have bought a video camara at a cost of £99.00 but I think this may be a scam as I havnt got it on my phone
Can you help please ?!

Good morning, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

You need to systematically work through, cancelling the subscription to anything you don't want. Then immediately email any of those companies who have charged you for renewing, and ask them nicely if they would refund you as you intended to cancel before the renewal date. Some will, and some won't, so you'll have to swallow the loss. They are not legally obliged to warn you before the renewal date, so always make a note in your diary when you sign up to a free trial.

Regarding the video camera, check your bank or card account and see if there's a debit. Seek help from the bank in finding how it happened. If there's no debit, don't panic, but keep a watchful eye out for a transaction. If you think it's a scam email then ignore it - don't even reply. If you think it's a genuine company, contact them and ask what's happening.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tim ! I will act on your advice . Do you want to know if I am successful in obtaining a refund ?
I think with the medetopia they asked me to ask Apple for a refund & im just waiting to see if it comes through ! I have followed the instructions to cancel the calm app which is specific to this particular app & it doesn’t let you do it !��

You're welcome :-)

By all means let me know. Particularly, let me know if you get a refusal from anyone, as I might have another suggestion. If you're happy with my advice, please rate me using the 5 stars at the top of the page. The customer's rating is what enables an expert to be paid for their time, so I hope I was helpful to you.

Thank you for your rating :-)