Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a kenwood American ff KSBSD1X16 We have plumbed in

Customer Question

Hi I have a kenwood American ff KSBSD1X16
We have plumbed in and the water is fine but the ice maker is not working also is it normal for the display panel on the front to only come on when doors are opened
I bought as a second has a few light scratches on the side but otherwise perfect please help have searched endlessly online for answers and Kenwood referred me back to curry’s but as I haven’t bought from them they aren’t very helpful
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 1 year ago.

Hi there I'm darran I am a refrigeration engineer

Guys yes the display comes on when the door is opened and stays on for a wee while the fades , it will do the same with the water functions etc , if the ice maker isn't working look underneath there is a small test button press it does it start or do anything, if not then your looking at ice maker and possibly the door harness , both are cheap and easy to fix

You can get parts from espares.com and uk white goods etc and others But also a fixed price repair from 0800 and knowhow

I hope this helps guys

Darran

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Darren thank you for your reply can you advise more specifically where this test button is we can’t seem to see anything?

Hi there some units don't always have one but if it does see attached

If it doesn't then the unit needs replaced guys

Regards darran