Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a Fisher & Pykel RF540A 0French Door Fridge Freezer.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Fisher & Pykel RF540A 0French Door Fridge Freezer. Recently water is freezing on the flooR OF THE FREEZER compartment then leaking out onto the floor under THE FREEZEr draw. I suspect a blocked drain but dont know how to access it to clean it out
JA: Is your fridge level with the ground, or tipped slightly forward? How old is it?
Customer: Its level and its abouout 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about a week, Ive removed the drip tray and checked the bottom of the drail tube for blockages but it seems to be clear. I have removed and dried the floor of the freezer compartment but the next day ice has formed and the leak returned
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, the fridge freezer is in good order and is clean inside and out and any dust has been hoovered from the rear.
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 1 year ago.

Guys I'm darran I'm a refrigeration engineer

Yeah you have a blocked drain system

You need to defrost the system for 24 hrs now if you can access the rear you will see the drain hose as it comes out the appliance onto the evaporator tray you can use a steam gun and open freezer door and steam this hose to clear out any gunge

But you do need to defrost the system full to remove all excess ice that's built up

If this keeps recurring you have an issue with the defrost cycle more than likely new defrost element and sensor

Take care

Regards darran