James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Siemens Fridge Freezer and it is over producing ice

Customer Question

Hi I have a Siemens Fridge Freezer and it is over producing ice cubes, resulting in the water dispenser stopping
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Siemens iQ500 KA62DA71GB
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For the past 2-3 weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have tried emptying the ice tray... switching IWD off and on etc
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue searching
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

So when you say its over producing the hopper is overfilling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James, yes hopper is overfilling with ice and it seems to cut out the water dispenser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can get ice (plenty of it) but no water
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Ok the two are not normally related, I wonder if you may have two faults.

One being the hopper sensor which detects the presence of ice and secondly the valve for water (since this model has two valves).

Have you checked the Hopper is correctly seated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hopper seems to be correctly seated each time I replace it
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Ok then its a faulty sensor which forms part of the ice maker assembly, the part is around 300, taking into account the cost of the part I would suggest you look at a fixed price repair, such as the one here.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

So that I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page, have a good day.