David McCready
David McCready, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self Employed
108625936

My Beko tumble dryer DRVS73S has a broken belt. I ca easily

My Beko tumble dryer DRVS73S has a broken belt. I ca easily replace the belt but I've notice that at the break the rubber has worn away or melted and there is bits of molten rubber around the grooved spindle of the motor over which the belt fits. Is this something to be concerned about? Keith Carrington
JA: Are you getting any error codes or messages from your Beko dryer? How old is it?
Customer: There is no digital window. The serial No is 10-200868-03, so I'm guessing 2008
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened when I found the load had not dried
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've removed the broken belt and switched the motor on and it seems to work ok. The drum doesn't turn of course but it can be turned by hand although there is some friction

HI my name is***** am just getting some details.

Okay is the melted plastic on the motor spindle?, if that is the case does the drum spin freely?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it spins fairly freely but there is some friction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The very small amount of melted rubber is around the spindle and on the floor of the machine below
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you not going to answer my question?

OK sorry for the delay.

This is likely just rubber from the belt and it sounds like the drum has just jammed temporarily, but the motor kept spinning breaking/ melting the belt.

The following link gives more information on fitting and parts

https://www.bekospares.co.uk/tumble-dryer/drvs73s-7185681100/catalogue.pl?path=191107&model_ref=623521&illustration_ref=2233000

Have I answered your questions ?

If you're satisfied with assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but are you saying that only the belt needs replacing?

HI yes if the drum can turn all the way around and is not sticking anywhere then yes the belt is all that needs to be replaced

Is there anything else that you need assistance with?

If you feel that my help was useful please leave a positive rating. Thank you