Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My neff fridge is freezing my food, I am looking - it’s

My neff fridge is freezing my food
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff fridge? How old is it?
Customer: I am looking - it’s integrated
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I defrosted it and then put it back on and overnight it’s frozen everything again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the back seems to be icing uo ans the fan is on full
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can’t seem to find it

Its normally on a sticker inside the fridge section.

It may be on the side wall behind the salad box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (LGQL522)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m fine to chat here without a call

Got it thanks.

So if the fridge is getting too cold and freezing up then its the thermostat at fault on this.

On your model it uses an electronic controlled thermostat so its basically a control board that controls the temperture in there. This is the part inside the fridge which you press to alter the setting.

Now it comes as a complete unit in the plastic housing and the part number for this 00497478.

So im afraid the control thermostat inside the fridge will need to be replaced to cure this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we need an electrician ?

It depends on your diy skills. If you are handy at diy repairs they try it as its not that bad of a job.

But if not then you will need a whitegoods engineer rather then an electrician as most electricians dont fix appliances.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there somewhere I can check how to do this ?

Not sure if theres a site that shows how to remove this fitting but its quite simple really.

Ive attached your picture below and ive marked on there where the screw is. Its behind that cover so you need to pop this off and remove the screw and then you can remove the fitting from there. Just make sure its unplugged.

Click here for the picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.