Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a whirlpool american style fridge/freezer (about 10

Customer Question

Hi good evening, I have a whirlpool american style fridge/freezer (about 10 years old). An alarm is continually sounding and the control panel is flashing. The only way to stop it is to turn off the appliance. This happened the day after lockdown. I have not contacted anyone until now in view of the current pandemic lockdown. Can someone help now please???
JA: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?
Customer: A whirlpool fridge freezer
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Its a whirlpool american style fridge freezer approx 10 years old
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive tried resetting the freezer temperature control, it was ok for a short time but returned to the alarm sounding continuously
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Was the fridge and freezer still cooling other then the flashing control panel and the alarm going off or did it loose its cooling?

Also are you looking at fixing this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fridge was fine but as the alarm was constant on the deep freeze we had to turn the appliance off although it seemed to be keeping cool. No we’re not looking at fixing it ourselves we want an engineer to fix it???
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok the issue is the control board as we replace loads of them on these. Its nearly always the front control board that causes this fault.

So if you want an engineer to to fix it for you then the best option is through Whirlpool as they do repair deals for appliances which can be cheaper then a local engineer doing the repair.

Give them a bell in the morning on 0344(###) ###-#### and they can sort an engineer vist out to you to replace the control board on this for you and get it up and running again for you.