drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

We have a Beko gne114610apx fridge freezer and the bottom

We have a Beko gne114610apx fridge freezer and the bottom right hand freezer section (which can alternate between fridge and freezer) seems to be stuck in the fridge mode? Any ideas?
JA: How old is your Beko fridge?
Customer: Maybe 4 years old. 2nd hand to us!
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We noticed when we got it home and after it had been stood around for 4 hours. We've tried changing the temperature, cleaning the back out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really

Hello, is the fan on the right hand lower section running? DO you notice frost accumulating inside the right side freezer back wall? You would have to remove the drawers to see the back wall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fan runs and turns off when the door is opened (which I think is normal). I've not seen any frost on the back wall since we have got it. We have had temperatures ranging from 4 1/2 to -3?

Ok. That sound normal. What about the left side. Is it freezing normally? From my point of view, the left is identical to the right, It is just a matter of controlling the refrigerant that goes to each side of the freezer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
left side is normal. Set at -18 and there or a bit colder than that.

Ok. Then I think this is a problem with the refrigerant valve controlling the refrigerant flow to the evaporator coil. It is something with the electronic controller or could be the refrigerant valve itself.