KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My zanussi Fridge freezer is making a lot of noise can you

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My zanussi Fridge freezer is making a lot of noise can you suggest why please
JA: How old is your Zanussi fridge? Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: Its about 6 years old and noise sometimes stats when it has been closed for some time. I have just tried chaning the temperature settings and that seems to have turn off the noise at the moment. The noise is much louder than it simply cooling the inside
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been there for some time just getting worse recently. I have not asked an engineer to help yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

The noise that you hear might be coming from the fan hitting the ice.

Try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back and wait for another 4-8 hours.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again you will have to test/replace the temperature sensor/thermostat/thermal fuse (based on the model number); the issue should be resolved.

Please DO NOT ACCEPT the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you are satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

Thank You!