KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

What does it mean if the temperature indicator lights are

What does it mean if the temperature indicator lights are orange on my Hotpoint FFU4DX fridge freezer
JA: How old is your Hotpoint fridge?
Customer: 6.5 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried re-setting it. I left it on super cool and super freeze overnight. It was beeping this morning with blue lights flashing. Turned it to requited temp setting. Now lights are orange
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Been playing up for a couple of days now. This was 2nd attempt at re-setting according to the instructions.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back and wait for another 4-8 hours.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again you will have to test/replace the thermal fuse and/or defrost element; the issue should be resolved.

Please DO NOT ACCEPT the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you are satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will try and see how it goes.

You are very welcome.

Please click on STARS (*****) from top of this page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin. Looks like my earlier message didn't post. Just wanted to say thank you very much - the solution seems to have worked. Freezer and fridge are both working and chilling as required. The temperature lights are a steady orange at the temps I had set. So thank you! the best £5 I have spent in a long time!

You are very welcome.

Glad it is sorted :)