drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

I left the door of my freezer ajar last night. Today the

I left the door of my freezer ajar last night. Today the freezer is partly defrosted and both the red and green lights were on. Closing the door did not restart the compressor. Disconnecting power for a short time and restarting led to the the red light going out and the compressor starting. The green light is still on but the compressor sounds to have turned off. Is there anything else I need to do?
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Beko upright freezer, about 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today. It was fine until I left the door ajar last night. The green light is still on but the freezer is not cold and the compressor is not running. There is heat in the cooling tubes behing the freezer though
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think I can say anything else

Hello, can you unplug the unit for an hour or two to cool down the compressor? I think the compressor is too hot to run. If you can put damped rag on top of the compressor to cool it faster. FYI, if you unplug the freezer, wait at least 8 minutes before plugging it back so that the compressor could run. High head pressure would prevent compressor from running right away.

We will chat again after two hours to know what could be going on with your unit again.

Please ignore the phone service offer..…It is not me who initiate it but the site…but if you really want a phone call…please let me know. I only do phone call for USA customers but viber, FB messenger, or FaceTime for customers outside of USA. Thanks.