JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I can not open my dolce gusto. it seems to be stuck with new

Customer Question

I can not open my dolce gusto . it seems to be stuck with new capsule in it.would like to know what to do many thanks carol
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: delonghi typeEDG250.B its only 2 months old
JA: What have you tried so far with your Delonghi appliance?
Customer: tryed to open leaver but it wont lift up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i t has a galexy choc pod in it,so wondering if it is not compatable
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 month ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
fine but cant wait for a coffee carol
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok before being stuck did the capsule go in ok, and draw coffee as expected?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James yes it worked perfectly with all pods including galexy pods
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

OK it sounds like the mechanism has jammed, it would need stripped down to free the mechanism.

As its under warranty I would suggest getting the retailer to replace the unit, as by stripping it down yourself you would invalidate the warranty.