drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

My reliable Bosch angle grinder GWS660 stopped on me

Customer Question

Hello, my reliable Bosch angle grinder GWS660 stopped on me yesterday and caused my electricity to trip.. Is it worth putting in for repair?
JA: When did you last clean or perform maintenance on your Bosch angle grinder? How old is it?
Customer: Never. It is probably 5 years or more old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch angle grinder? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is the first time it has failed and I only use it intermittently for small cutting jobs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No except that the fault on little used professional grinder surprised me. Not what I expect from Bosch
Expert:  drcool299 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I do not think it will be worth the trouble having it repaired. The main cause of this equipment to trip is a burnt winding. Usually, the armature that rotates about 3,600 rpm is not worth rewinding. The cost of repair will surely be more than the cost for a new unit.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Please stay safe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I suspected as much
Expert:  drcool299 replied 1 year ago.

You're very much welcome.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Please stay safe.

Please do not forget to click the accept button. Thanks