James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Gas is getting to the oven and grill but not to the hobbs,

Customer Question

hi gas is getting to the oven and grill but not to the hobbs
JA: What's the brand and model of your oven? How old is it?
Customer: electrolux insight 12 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Electrolux oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: last few days,,gas ran out of bottle got new bottle gas came on with very big flames and hasnt been the same since
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i took the gas line apart at both ends today a blew threw so no blockages
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah still willing to wait
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Whats the model number of the appliance?

Prior to the fault did you notice anything boil over on the hob, since if its not lighting it suggests the jets might be blocked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its electrolux ,EIKG6046KL,nonothing boiled over,, alot of high pressure gas,,ill cleaned the jets , its like it was a saftey device kicked in after the high pressure of gas ,,its like the control knobs are not opening up to let the gas in
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify what you mean about high pressure gas did you have a fault on the regulator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its bottle gas,,i put on new bottle and the gas and it came on very hight on the cooker and after that the bobbs dont work but the gas is getting to the girl and oven
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
grill
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Looking at the spec there isnt a device to limit excessive pressure to the hob, and would suggest if the pressure wasnt regulated properly this may have damaged all of the valves at the same time causing the seals to blow and remain in the closed position.

The only other device which would interfere with the valve allowing the flow of gas is the thermalcouple but I cant see how they would all fail at the same time, and secondly how high pressure would interfere with them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks thought i might have got lucky and been something simple
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I would shut off the gas remove a valve and strip it down and see if there are issues then check your getting gas to the gas taps encase someone has fitted a secondary device but I can not see where you would realistically have put one or what value it would serve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cheers
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

So that I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page, have a good day.