Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My machine is running for only 5 to 10 minutes after a full

My machine is running for only 5 to 10 minutes after a full charge
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Cyclone V10 Total Clean
JA: What have you tried so far with your LG product?
Customer: FUlly charging for a number of days
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good evening, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

This sounds like a battery problem. How old is your V10?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18months

Please could you explain why you’ve given me a negative rating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not you, it is the appalling system. It is impossible to get anyone on the telephone even after you have been required to pay £5 to get any service.
You now ask for another £16 just to speak with someone. It is obviously the battery. What are you going to do about it? It is now nearly a day since I raised this problem with you.

I sympathise with frustration, but please be aware of the purpose and effect of the rating.

Regarding the phone call offer, please just ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. As with any mistaken charge you can request a refund from Customer Service.

The rating isn't feedback for the JustAnswer service; it's specifically a reflection of your rating of my personal assistance to you. Since we hadn't finished the Q&A, I don't think your negative rating is fair. Also, the rating is what enables me to earn a small fee for the time I spend, so now that you've given a negative rating I cannot earn anything at all.

As for what I'm "going to do about it", that perplexes me. This is a service that provides online advice and assistance, so that's what I'm prepared to do. I would be happy to give you my assessment of your problem, and the solution, but not unless you're prepared to change your rating to a positive one. If you don't want to change your rating, then I'll happily opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I want now is to know what Dyson are going to do about the battery to my machine

I can't speak on behalf of Dyson, but the warranty on your V10 is 1 year, so unless you have a reason to claim a new battery ex gratia, you'll have to buy a new one. If you bought the V10 at ***** *****, then the warranty is longer, and you can claim from ***** *****. Otherwise, you can purchase a new battery online - click here. You might find a cheaper option if you shop around.

You can improve the lifespan of your battery with selective charging. Some useful information for increasing battery lifespan is here:

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries