Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Neff built in oven B57VS524HOB. I have just opened

I have a Neff built in oven B57VS524HOB. I have just opened the water tank and see the tank doesn’t have a cover. Should it have one in this model. The manual says some don’t. If so do I need one?
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric. It is roughly 9 months old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I never opened the compartment before! We had the kitchen fitted. When we were building the house and are now just investigating the steam function
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so

Good evening, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please provide the E-Nr number as shown on the product label. Instead of "HOB" it should be "H0B", and after that a "/" and two digits.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
B57VS24HOB/52 I have your domestic protection policy - no. AG30000159
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don’t need a phone call. Please do this by text!

I don't know why you requested a phone call. I wrote "If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control."
_____

Your E-Nr number is *****H0B/52, not "HOB". You can't have a domestic protection policy with JustAnswer, because we don't offer domestic protection policies. Do you still want help with it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please, I just want the question answered. Please ignore ref to policy number if this is not relevant
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My question is... should I have a cover on the water tank with this model of cooker?

OK. I understand that you want the question answered, but you didn't give the correct model number so the process was slowed down.

The answer is that the tank should have a cover. Please see the attached extract from the user manual.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks . Saw that though it said it depended on the model no. Hence the question. How do I obtain one? The appliance came without one

I can't see anywhere in the manual that says the tank cover might be absent on some models.

If I were you I would contact Neff Customer Service on 0844(###) ###-####/strong>. I believe that they will be open at 9am tomorrow morning.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your help and apologies for not reading your first message fully

There's no need to apologise, but thank you :-)

I hope you get some joy with Neff. Let me know if they are difficult.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cheers ***** ***** have a good evening

Thank you; you too! :-)

Thank you for your rating :-)