Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

My Bosch frost free fridge freezer keeps freezing up and

Customer Question

My Bosch frost free fridge freezer keeps freezing up and stops the fridge from cooling
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch fridge? How old is it?
Customer: It is a 2016 version of KGN34NW3AG
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pit happened before the warranty ran out, and Bosch came out but it has happened again. They aren’t interested in customer service. The fridge is the problem as it is not cooling. I have defrosted the freezer, thinking this would work again, as the cold seems to be blown up from the freezer via a channel at the back of the unit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is a thermistor ? This might not be working, and I can also see reference to a fan which is part of the frost free system. Not sure if these are working ????
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 2 months ago.

Guys I'm darran I'm a refrigeration engineer

Your thermostat and damper have failed the damper sits between the freezer and fridge

When the fridge temp get high the door opens and the cool air is transferred to the fridge

Your damper has failed shut and or the thermostat has failed

Regards darran

Whe you close both doors and put your ear to the door you should hear the fan turning and it will stop when you open the door

Darran

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator