KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a grundig dishwasher, it’s a couple of years old, I

I have a grundig dishwasher, it’s a couple of years old, I think. The wash is not good at all, it doesnt clear all the bits from the items, and i can wash glasses better myself by hand. I’m getting very fed up/with it.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher?
Customer: I cant see a model number on the front. The instruction book says GNF 41810W or X or B.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been a problem for about 4 months, i think. Ive tried cleaning the filters, using a dishwasher cleaner product. I’ve also tried prewashing the pots, which helps a bit, but there are still lots of bits all over the inside of the machine and the pots.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Page 34 and 35 of the instruction book, which deals with cleaning the dishwasher, are NOT in English, which doesnt help. The rest is fine, It would also help to know how to get bits out of the impellers. They are clogging the holes, and i can push them back into the middle but I cant get them out of it.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

Have you seen any error codes/flashing lights?

Please DO NOT ACCEPT the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the only light has been the rinse aid on, and i have filled it upo when requested. I dont think there are any lights apart from the 3 indicator ones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there, Kevin?

Yes sorry was checking its schematics.

One moment I will write up the answer.

As you have already tried cleaned etc even cleaned the filter and even tried dishwasher cleaners however, nothing helped in resolving the issue.

Try this:

Select an empty wash cycle on its hottest setting.

Let it complete and then wait for around 1 hour before opening the door.

Clean the drain pump filter then clean the drain hose and make sure nothing is clogged.

Then leave it unplugged for few hours with door open.

You may then try and see if it works.

If the problem is still there I am afraid the circulation wash pump motor is faulty and will need replacement.

The part is available here for £80 + repair charges.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you are satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated. Thank You!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How/where do I find the drain pump filter and drain hose?

The filter is inside the appliance and drain hose connects to house drain from dishwasher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I’ll try that. Thank you.

You are very welcome.

Please click on STARS (*****) from top of this page so, we can close this.