Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

My fridge freezer has water on the bottom. I think the drain

Customer Question

Hi my fridge freezer has water on the bottom. I think the drain hole is blocked as I can see water build up there. How do I unblock it please and how can I prevent this from happening.
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a Gorenje model NRKI 4181 CW. It is 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been happening for a few weeks now and I thought it was the warm weather so I turned the temperature down.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How long will I have to wait for an answer. The estimated time was 8 minutes. It’s now been almost half an hour.
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 1 month ago.

Hi there sorry about your wait

I'm darran I'm a refrigeration engineer

The best way to unblock the drain hole is to use a steam clean gun to clear the drain blown the steam through it if you can access it from inside you can from the rear

If you don't have this use the cord of an old appliance it a perfect fit, or a cable tie etc and hot water pour it down the hole little by little to clear the gunge

It may also have iced up so I would do a 24 total defrost let all the ice clear and the appliance dry out