JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Samsung fridge freezer has an issue. The lights usually

Customer Question

Hi my Samsung fridge freezer has an issue. The lights usually in the display for the water and ice dispenser are not on and the machine is constantly trying to dispense ice. I have emptied the ice compartment and cleaned it but it is still making this noise and the flap to the ice area is opening and closing all the time ... any ideas on how to fix this ? Thanks
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: Well screen not on , but the real issue is the loud noise as it is constantly trying to dispense ice and I can not make it stop
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: American style side by side fridge freezer
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: turning it on and off at the wall power.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is all thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The system in the ice box is constantly turning with the flap opening and closing so trying to dispense ice constantly
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

What is the model number of the Fridge, this can be found on the inside of the fridge compartment.

In terms of the fault if the appliance is trying to dispense ice when there is no demand it suggests the micro switch may be faulty. What happens when you press the button for ice then release it a few times does the sound stop?