KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My washing machine lights are all flashing but I cant do

Hi. My washing machine lights are all flashing but I cant do anything to switch it on, off or even open the doors
JA: What happened just before the light on your washer came on?
Customer: I put in detergent and pressed the start button. It didn't make the beep noise to start. Then all the lights started flashing.
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This started yesterday morning. So far I've switched it off and left it off for a few mins. Switched it back on again. Still the same. The lights have been flashing all night
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I dont think so. The machine only 6 months old

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

Please provide its make and complete model number (from the label/rating plate inside the door)

Please DO NOT ACCEPT the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cant open the door but on my receipt it says
Hotpoint FML842GUK

Thanks for that.

Please unplug the appliance and using a screwdriver, remove the cover panel on the lower front part of the washing machine.

Then remove the drain pump filter anticlockwise and clean it completely, ensure nothing is clogged inside.

Now reconnect everything and plug it back.

Select any program and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have done all the above. I've been able to get the door open. I switched it back on and selected a short programme. Pressed start and nothing happens. The start/pause button just flashing. Now door is stuck locked again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The filter was clean when I opened it up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I press the off button. The machine switches off but the red door locked light stays on
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now all the lights are flashing again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this call still open ?

Sorry it is weekend hence, I am not always available.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable.

I promise to respond as soon as I return.

When the door lock light comes on does it even start fill ?

The drain hose is not clogged and water is turned on ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I wasnt sure how the chat worked. Water is on I dont know if drain hose is clogged as I'm unable to move the machine. It doesn't start to fill. Thanks

No problem.

The appliance is still under warranty so it will be better to contact Hotpoint and book repair.

If drain hose is not clogged then it is either the door lock or the control itself that will need replacement.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's great. Thank you so much for your help

You are very welcome.