Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Our Bosch integrated larder fridge KUR15A40GB/03 has

Customer Question

Our Bosch integrated larder fridge KUR15A40GB/03 has overnight stopped cooling though still making the whirring noise
JA: How old is your Bosch fridge? Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: There is no change in the noise from 1-5. We have had the fridge some while probably 10 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 24 hours. Tried moving thermostat down to zero then back up to 5. Made sure drainage hole is clear.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This fridge has never had a problem other than a door hinge replaced under warranty several years ago
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This error can have several reasons. It can be that the thermostat, defrosting resistor, fan or motor is defective or faulty. Please do this here: switch off the device. Pull the plug out of the socket. Leave it switched off for at least 2-4 hours. During this time, please check the rear panel, it must not be dusty or out of place. After 2-4 hours switch it on again and try again. If it is not defective it will work.

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why it sometimes takes time to answer them.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Well try switching off and looking. Well be back later.

All right, well, good luck with that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have completed the two hour switch off and switched on again. The light is still on but when we turn the thermostat there is no “click” throughout its range so it looks like the thermostat has a problem. We can still hear the motor or something whirring. How do we get into the thermostat to do a multimeter check?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can the thermostat check be tackled from inside the fridge or does fridge have to be slid out from under the counter top. Any way, written instruction will be okay.

If you hear a clicking sound, it is not coming from the thermostat. It's coming from the control board. A control board are releases that are constantly switching and are faulty. You will not be able to check that. It is very complex and difficult. I am sorry but either you get a technician or you can replace the control board at your own risk. Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is NO clicking sound at all, as stated previously. Consequently we wish to check the thermostat. Can it be tackled from inside the fridge or do you have to slide the fridge from under the counter? Then what is the procedure to gain access to the thermostat to check if it’s working?

There is a thermostat it integrated in the control board. There are two thermostats which are glued to the back of the back wall or are located in the insulation. You have to pull out the device and take out the back gitta and fun tender or insulation to get the thermostat. In addition, you need a multimeter that is also available in the back of the unit. There is a thermostat integrated in the control board. There are two thermostats that are glued to the back of the back wall or in the insulation. You have to pull out the device and foam the back grille and fun or take out the insulation to get at the thermostat. In addition, you need a multimeter that can also measure the temperature and the Kohm.

Your request is still open. Can I help you?

Yours sincerely Erdal

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 1 month ago.

Hello, your request is still open. You haven't answered my last message. I'm waiting to hear back.

Greetings Erdal