Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I’ve just fitted a nest thermostat but can’t get it to

Customer Question

Hi, I’ve just fitted a nest thermostat but can’t get it to control my hot water, heating working fine, boiler is potterton powermax he150
JA: Where in your home is your nest thermostat installed? How old is it?
Customer: Thermostat is in living room, thermostat is days old, boiler is about 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your nest thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since fitting, I’ve tried setting nest to system boiler and other boiler but it has no settings for hot water on the app or controller and not firing when I call for hot water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

The HE150 is a boiler with built-in water storage, so the water is heated and then available on demand. It's not usual to schedule that functionality or to control it from a Nest hub. (There is an exception with a boiler that's OpenTherm compliant, but the HE150 isn't one of those.)

Could you tell me the G.C. number of your boiler?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 1 month ago.

Good evening, you haven't replied for a few days; do you still need help?