drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

Our Neff fridge has stopped working. We changed the fuse but

Customer Question

Our Neff fridge has stopped working. We changed the fuse but still no joy.
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Model number K5624x4GB/01 and it's almost 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It suddenly stopped working yesterday We changed the fuse and checked that it was correctly plugged in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else
Expert:  drcool299 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Can you pull the unit off the wall, remove the cover at the back (If it has), feel the compressor( Black steel ball) if it is running? Vibrating, Hot to touch?,(Be careful, it could be too hot to handle)

Please ignore the phone service offer..…It is not me who initiate it but the site…but if you really want a phone call…please let me know. I only do phone call for USA customers but viber, FB messenger, or FaceTime for customers outside of USA. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I can't pull it off the wall. It's an integrated appliance and I'm not strong enough

oh...Im sorry to hear that. What about inside the freezer, do you hear a fan running in there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

ok. Have you tried turning the thermostat all the way to off, then turn it back on to max, observe if it will run?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I live in the UK. Lets just forget it. I'll buy a new fridge.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Turning it off makes no difference
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There's no power reaching it the light is off

oh..ok..so even the light is no longer lighting. I think the problem could be the cable or connector at the back going to the unit. Unless the bulb is broken, then the problem is the thermostat. The contacts are not making.