KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Fridge is not cool enough, beko American style fridge

Fridge is not cool enough
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: beko American style fridge freezer about 7 years old I need a few mins to check the model
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s being going on for some months. I have set the fridge temp to 2 degrees but it remains about 7 degrees.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model is GNE V321APX

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back and wait for another 4-8 hours.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again you will have to test/replace the temperature sensor(thermostat/thermal fuse); the issue should be resolved.

Please DO NOT ACCEPT the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you are satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to empty both the freezer and fridge. There is no sign of ice in the fridge compartment but I notice that there is some ice in the freezer which there shouldn’t be. Do you think that indicates the same problem?.

The ice is inside the rear wall.

You can try the advise above and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I cleaned out the fridge/freezer and left it for 24 hours to defrost. I have set it up again but still getting high temperature in the fridge. Can’t get it below 8 degrees at the top of the fridge despite the control setting at 2 degrees. Do you have any other suggestions?

OK as the control board is faulty and will need replacement.