Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I'm trying to wire a ZOF35661XK via the existing mains cable

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm trying to wire a ZOF35661XK via the existing mains cable (L, N, E) but can't see how the connection is made. There is a screw to be removed on each connection but no standard insertion point for the cable - I must be missing something?
JA: Have you talked to an electrician about this?
Customer: no. I understand electrical connections, just not how this one is made
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking at the block and where the cables would go
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how long till I get an answer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the wiring block on the oven

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today. I'm sorry that there has been a delay in reply - response time is always a bit longer on Sundays.

The most common type of oven terminal is a crude but effective sandwich of the conductor between two plates, clamped by tightening a screw. You don't need to remove the screw - just loosen it. Does that make sense? If not, please attach a photo of what you can see and I'll advise you.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim. I thought that must be the only way to connect this, and as you say it is very crude. I did attach a photo last time - did you see it?

I didn't, but I see it now! Yes that's a fairly standard terminal block.

I don't like them either, but what can you do? <shrug>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for your help. have a good day

You're welcome. You too :-)

Thank you for your rating :-)