Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a zanussi cooker ZC1660EXC which when I try to clean

I have a zanussi cooker ZC1660EXC which when I try to clean the glass doors in the bottom oven I always break the two little catches which the top of the door needs to slip in. I try to follow the user manual carefully but....... I have broken two now. I do have another two on order
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric perhaps three/four years
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it happens when I try to take the glass doors out to clean. I did it when it was under gaurantee so got first one replaced. I find these two little prongs so fragile that when I try to put the bar back they just snap. I can remove the glass panels and replace them no problem.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I dont think so I just feel the manual needs to be more specific as I think I must be doing something wrong. I can cope very easily with the top oven no problem

Hi there I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer

Guys the little tabs your talking about are a night mare they do break for fun , when I'm removing them I try and do it slowly so the tabs just bump loose and then guve them a good wash , some times soap and water rubbed over then bump them loose this some times makes it a kitten easier

Regards darran

Darran Wilkins ,
Experience: dasdasd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much, thought it was me being stupid. Have ordered 2 spares but the bar seems to be staying in position without these tabs.